Thursday 22 November 2012

Cosplay

Yeah, yeah, I know I didn't blog yesterday; but I have a good reason...I swear! Well...watching asian dramas is a good reason for me, okay?!

But I digress. Today's blog is going to be about cosplay! I was trying to decide who I would cosplay as for next years's J-Con (it's in Derby, England and I think you should all go, it's really great!) and so, here is my blog.

Cosplay stands for costume play - basically, it's dressing up but not for kids: kids can cosplay, but that's not the point. The thing is, cosplay is more serious than dressing up. I'm not saying that everyone's bitchy about each other's costume, because they're not, they're actually really kind, but it's really fun when you have a great cosplay.
For example, me and my friends went to this year's J-Con as vocaloids and my Teto cosplay was, if I do say so myself, pretty good. My friends looked amazing as well. It was really fun.
What I'm trying to say is, go cosplaying! It's extremely fun and strangely addicting. You can cosplay as your favourite characters, or all go in a group from the same anime/manga/game, etc.
Next year, I think I'm going to go as Shina from Angel Beats! because I really want to wear her scarf. I was going to go as Saeko Busujima from H.O.T.D (undoubtedly one of my favourite animes; come on second series!) but I couldn't find a cosplay katana (pretty much the whole reason and wanted to go as her, plus the reason that she's totally kick-ass!) so I decided not to. Then I saw Angel Beats! - a great anime, yes I cried twice, but how could you not? - and was all 'oh hell yes, I'm going as her!
Wish me luck in finding an amazing cosplay and I wish you all good luck in your future cosplaying activities!

Side Note: asian dramas...watch them. Viki is a great website to watch them on. Well, I'm gonna watch some now.

Shout out to my beautiful, gorgeous Nina - always believe in what you are and don't let yourself tell you any different, you're beautiful.
Shout out to my hilarious, amazing Alice - keep doing what you do, especially if I influence you!

No comments:

Post a Comment