Monday 12 November 2012

Life lesson #2: your closest friends are there for a reason - recently (and I mean very recently, yesterday in fact) I came out to my two closest friends. It was ridiculously easy and it wasn't nearly as awkward as I thought it would be. Actually, there was no awkwardness at all. It was amazing; today I just felt more at ease with myself now that I really could be myself. I can let myself say 'Hey, that girl's hot' now without anyone giving me strange looks.
I shouldn't have expected any other reaction really. They are my closest friends after all and they said that I'll still be the same to them no matter what gender I like (or both genders in my case).
I know that many of you haven't come out yet and I think you should. But don't feel pressured, do it in your own time. Even writing this is still hard for me; I haven't even told my parents! I don't think that they would mind but it's just saying those words, ya know? Anyway, I suggest that you tell your closest friend that you're gay, lesbian, bi, pansexual, or whatever you are because it just lifts a weight off your shoulders and you can truly be who you are.
Life lesson #3: who cares about anyone else? Be who you want to be - I know that this life lesson sounds cliche but it's true. I realised that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about you if you're happy with yourself. Personally, I love Korean clothes, K pop, manga, cosplay and anything to do with cosplay! I'm proud of what I like and will openly share it with anyone who asks, and you should do the same. If you like bright colours, have bright colours, if you like dressing in black, dress in black! Do whatever you want as long as you love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment