Friday 30 November 2012

love?

Love - I'm  not quite sure what I believe about it. I don't know if I believe in soulmates or true love, or whether you just end up finding someone who you happen to love strongly.
Now, I was wondering, what is love? I mean, what defines it? The dictionary says:
 1. A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. Sexual passion or desire. 
4. A person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love? 
But then again, what does the dictionary know? It's not a person, it doesn't have feelings.
Love is difficult to describe, I guess. I mean, sure, you can say that love is the strong feeling you have towards someone you care about, but I don't think it really describes it.
And also, at what age can you feel love? I mean really feel it; not just for your family, but for that one person. People always say 'oh, you're too young to know what love means' and I just think, how do you know what I feel? What if I never feel anything this strong again?
And I think that might be what I'm scared of: loving someone but not realising it's love before it's too late and the opportunity has passed (the opportunity has already passed, I think). I don't want to be old and living with 27 cats, but I'm not going to settle for anyone. Would you?
You know when sometimes, you have a dream and it really moves you. You can't forget about it all day, you  know what I mean? Yeah, well, I had one of those last night. And, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I've dreams similiar to it before. Anyone else have those? Well, I was so happy to see the person in my dream and I hugged them tighter than I've ever hugged anyone before. I've even chosen them over my favourite anime character in a dream before (yeah, it's that serious) and that's pretty much told me all I need to know.
It's not that I think I'm in love, it's just...I don't know what else it's called.
I think love is the one thing that really confuses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment